How to join the Small Animal Medicine Society
Membership of SAMSoc costs £29 a calendar year and is open to veterinary surgeons who are members of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS). For 2019/2020, we are also pleased to offer free membership to new veterinary graduates for the first year - please follow the prompts below, indicating which University you graduated from in the 'work profile' section.
To apply to join SAMSoc, please complete the form below and click the "Apply and Pay" button. You can then finish registration paying your first year fee at our secure gateway, PayPal. You do not have to have a PayPal account to do this, just enter your payment details at the PayPal site and they will undertake the transaction simply and quickly.
Please complete all fields, including your RCVS number which we will use this as part of the verification process. The secretary will review your application within 7 days (although usually less) and if suitable, send you an email with your login details so please check your junk mail as well in-case the e-mail is detected by your spam filters.
Should you not be eligible for membership for some reason, the treasurer will refund your PayPal payment.
- Access to the members-only SAMSoc Forum to seek and share advice from specialists and general practitioners to help with diagnostic and therapeutic dilemmas.
- Discounted registration for SAMSoc CPD meetings in the spring and autumn
- Access to notes from meetings
- The opportunity to promote or participate in research initiatives on the SAMSoc website
- Eligibility to apply for the annual £500 travel scholarship for international CPD attendance.